McKee College is Lancashire Local Authority’s commissioned provider of education for students for which it has the “statutory” responsibility to educate;
– Students who have been permanently excluded from a mainstream school.
– Students who cannot attend their mainstream school for medical reasons.
– Students who are new to area and difficult to place in a mainstream school.
Our secondary remit is to provide alternate educational provision for mainstream schools;
– Respite places for students whose needs are best met outwith their mainstream school for a period of time
– Assessment places for students being considered for Education Health and Care Plans.
– Intervention places to support schools in evidencing their “graduated response” in meeting the needs of vulnerable learners.