McKee College is a “GOOD” school as rated by OFSTED in our last inspection in January 2016.
- Parents, pupils and staff all agree that the school has come a long way in a short time. McKee is now valued for its nurturing, family atmosphere and the shared vision for all pupils to do well.
- Determined leadership by the headteacher has ensured that all aspects of the school’s work have improved. Morale is high and staff feel valued.
- Leaders have an accurate view of what the school does well and where development is needed. Members of the management committee are holding leaders increasingly to account.
- Pupils’ personal development is strong. Constant praise, encouragement and support from all adults helps pupils to settle well into routines. There is often a steep growth in pupils’ confidence along with a renewed willingness to learn and respect for others.
- Attendance has risen. An increasing number of pupils are exceeding their attendance targets.
- The meticulous, daily recording of information about pupils’ attitudes, behaviour and attendance provides a comprehensive overview of how well each pupil is coping in school.
- Overall, pupils’ behaviour is good. Pupils are proud of what they achieve. Through their relaxed, open relationships with pupils, all staff encourage them to do the right thing and to have higher aspirations.
- Good specialist subject teaching ensures that all pupils achieve well over time. Academic achievement is good and rising. In 2015, one third of Year 11 pupils gained five or more GCSEs. This was a first for the school.
- Parents really appreciate the high level of care and concern for their child’s welfare, safety and progress. As two parents commented, ‘nothing goes unnoticed’, and ‘they are good at sharing the good things with us’.
Please click the link below to access our latest Ofsted inspection report.
Alternatively, please click the link below to access all of our previous inspection reports.