There are more that 2.2 million people employed in the UK construction industry with just over 194,000 construction companies employing more than one person. There are many different trades within the construction industry which all require highly skilled and knowledgeable crafts men and women to help build, maintain and develop our countries infra-structure.
We are delighted to be able to offer our students a foot on the ladder by delivering the ASDAN Construction Taster and progressing onto the WJEC Level 1/2 Construction and the Built Environment.
All students will follow the ASDAN scheme of work and acquire skills in the following areas:
- General Construction Operations
- Carpentry and Joinery
- Paining and Decorative Finish
- Health and safety in the Construction sector
- Explore Careers in the Construction sector
Students will then gain the chance to extend their skills through the WJEC Level 1/2 Construction and Built Environment completing the following units:
- Safety and security in Construction
- Practical Construction Skills
- Planning Construction Projects
For more information on our construction pathway, please Email Us.